Telehealth Physiotherapy - Video Online Appointments
We are able to provide Video Online appointments for your physiotherapy care plan.
It works great for both new and ongoing patients who are in need of physiotherapy services and are unable to travel to the clinic such as during these times when there is a strong need for physical distancing.
Active Balance Physiotherapy Studio is pleased to offer the following services from the comfort and safety of your home through virtual technology:
- Discussion of your injury, condition, or rehabilitation after surgery
- Visual assessment of your posture, gait, mobility, and movement patterns
- Personalized treatment plans to address your goals
- Empowering Strategies for pain management, self-mobilization and muscle release
- Therapeutic Exercise Prescription (flexibility, strength, core stability, proprioception and balance)
- Functional Rehabilitation and trouble-shooting activities at home that are difficult for you
- Ergonomic assessment
- Strategies for keeping active while practicing physical distancing and isolation
- Positivity and Motivation
What do you need before starting your Telehealth Physiotherapy Session session?
- A lap top (preferable) or desk top computer with a camera and microphone. (An iPad or iPhone will work as well if you do not have access to above)
- A private, safe, and clear space (4'x4' area) around you to move and exercise
Is my Telehealth Physiotherapy Session covered under my extended healthcare benefits?
Insurance policies are evolving constantly in response to the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check directly with your insurance company to see if your plan covers Telehealth Physiotherapy Session.
What information is provided on a Telehealth Physiotherapy Session receipt?
Your Telehealth Physiotherapy Session receipt will include all the same information as an in-clinic receipt: name, date of birth, address, date of appointment, duration of appointment, treating physiotherapist, and his/her college registration number. In addition, the receipt will indicate that a virtual appointment has taken place.
How do I schedule and pay for a Telehealth Physiotherapy Session session?
Payment is done thru Jane Payments, a secure and encrypted platform. All appointments are reserved once a credit card is stored in your patient profile. Once your session is complete, Jane will automatically charge your credit card and email you a receipt. Please note that we maintain a 24 hour cancellation policy.
What if I am having trouble connecting with my physiotherapist at the time of my appointment?
If you have having trouble connecting with your physiotherapist, please stay online and check your inbox (and sometimes junkmail) for incoming further instructions. Your physiotherapist will be in touch and may need to manually send you an new link to the portal if there is an error.
You can also call the clinic at 250-208-5942.